A mentor does not just enable you to open your eyes and mind to new ideas and innovative thinking, a mentor also becomes your personal advisor and best critic.
- T2L is tailored to your individual needs
- Provides access to and contact with an established leader in the cultural sector
- Offers networking opportunities
- Gives increased knowledge of the cultural sector
- Builds increased confidence in professional abilities and strengths
- Provides critical evaluations which improve the ability to identify weaknesses and steps to improve
- Gives a look at the big picture
- Helps meet new people through the mentee and mentor’s network
- Opens new ways of thinking, practice and direction
To help you decide what you want from T2L, here are a few questions you can ask yourself:
- Is this the right time in my career for a mentor?
- Can I take constructive criticism?
- Do I have the ability and desire to develop my career and myself?
- Who could be my mentor?
- Can I afford the time within my work schedule?
- Will my employer support this as part of my professional development?